Who will you work for?
If you want to work with an organisation that has purpose and passionate about their industry then you might want to keep reading!
Our client is a well-funded start up that is both a tech and FMCG business with a passion for wine. With close to 40% of the wine growers in Australia in crisis due to a tough climate, both environmentally as well as commercially, these entrepreneurs have decided to step in and create a solution to help get brand and profit back into the industry. With a launch date fast approaching they are starting to build out their executive team to help take the story and platform to the market, and set this business up for success well into the future. Whilst the focus is domestic at the moment, the ambition is to spread internationally within the first 12 months. Therefore it is critical to appoint a GM who can set up and drive the Australian business over the coming years.
What's the opportunity?
The GM will work side by side with the two founders to help craft the narrative that explains the purpose of the business. They will set the foundations for a culture of high performance and a highly engaged brand both internally and externally. They will work with the investors and the team to make sure that there is governance and due diligence done around where and how to spend funds in order to get the business up and running at an optimum level. You will ultimately be accountable for:
- Building and leading a socially engaged team that understands consumers
- Working collaboratively to ensure that the platform continues to serve business purpose and consumer needs
- Leading the sales and marketing strategy in conjunction with your team
- Establishing a data driven decision making environment
- Working with external bodies and investors to ensure communication is streamlined and aligned to business strategy
What will you need to be successful?
You will need to have some entrepreneurial spirit coupled with experience and understanding with products or services that have a highly engaged customer base. Ideally you will possess the following skillset:
- Ability to lead high performance teams within a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to work with data to make sound commercial decisions
- Professional and genuine style that is comfortable to present to both media and investors
- Passion or a willingness to learn about technology
- Experience and understanding of Sales and Marketing strategies within a B2C environment
If you think that the above role sounds of interest then please feel free to apply or call Kristan De Sousa or Jonathan Hall on 07 3153 9902