Our client is an Australian owned and leading player, with a global brand in the premium food sector (FMCG). With distribution predominantly through grocery, they have a growing food service and export business. The mandate for the role is to continue growth, drive a premium brand positioning, as well as look for opportunities to extend the brand into other categories through innovation and potential M&A activity.
The culture of the organisation is modern, agile and professional. Being a mid-sized business, it has a family feel, but where everyone is hands on and accountable.
Reporting to the Board, the GM will play a pivotal role in continuing to drive the organisation's revenue and profit growth, along with maintaining a strong culture of success. All functions will report to the GM including Heads of Marketing, Supply Chain, Sales, Finance. Clear objectives of the role involve:
- Maintaining a premium position through brand building
- Drive product innovation
- Protect market share
- Use data driven insights for category leadership and brand extension
- Drive market opportunities through new channels and categories
You must have had a track record of running an organisation (FMCG) as a GM, CEO, MD, COO with full P&L responsibility and:
- Have worked in packaged beverages or food (FMCG), but ideally in a premium category and understand the power of brand positioning
- Hands on experience with grocery retailers (Coles, Woolworths) and functionally ideally came from a Sales, Category or Marketing background.
- Have reported to a board and ideally worked in both a large corporate, but also a smaller organisation that needs a more agile hands on approach
- Can inspire and bring an energetic and transformative leadership style
- Exposure to the production / manufacturing process of an FMCG brand (or been in a category where innovation has been key)
What's in It for You?
- Build on the heritage of an already established Australian premium food brand in local and international markets
- Drive innovation and NPD, as well as extensions into new categories.
- Work with premium household brand
- A hands-on role across all functions, but a committed board who will invest for the future
- Resources for investment in growth and capital development
If you feel there is a fit based on the criteria, please feel free to contact Nick Hindhaugh, Managing Partner from Six Degrees Executive on 0422 141161 and click on the link to apply.