About the organisation
Very Special Kids provides holistic care for Victorian families facing the potential death of a child with a life limiting condition. They provide; counselling and emotional support for the whole family, medically-supported respite care and end of life care and long term bereavement support. They help approximately 900 families across Victoria with ongoing support from diagnosis all the way through adulthood or bereavement. It costs Very Special Kids more than $9.1 million each year to care for seriously sick kids and their families and they rely on the support and generosity of the community to deliver their programs.
Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager of Fundraising and Marketing will lead a high-performing Fundraising, Events & Marketing team, with overarching responsibility for the annual fundraising income, a capital campaign and delivery of all branding and communications activities for Very Special Kids.
The position is responsible for the development and implementation of an integrated strategic fundraising plan that achieves the Organisation's fundraising goals and underpins the critical support services provided to families caring for a child with a life-limiting condition.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving and delivering integrated fundraising strategies for long term growth, including an upcoming major capital appeal in 2020 and new initiatives in bequests, major gifts programs
- Nurture and grow existing fundraising streams and improve operational efficiencies
- Strong partnering with key supporters, external partners, donors and internal committees
- Developing, managing and coaching a team of thirteen to achieve personal and organisation goals
- Support the Marketing & Communications Manager and team to facilitate strong branding and messaging across multiple channels and audiences
- Ensure the smooth implementation of Salesforce CRM
- Contribute to the strategic development of Very Special Kids, as a member of the executive team
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated success as a senior fundraising executive with proven financial results
- Proven leadership and strong relationship building skills, able to engage and lead with a diverse team
- Excellent communication skills, able to represent Very Special Kids to a wide range of stakeholders and audiences, including board level presentations and funding submissions
- Extensive experience in acquiring and nurturing major gifts, corporate partnerships and bequest programs.
- Ability to analyse donor data and reports to inform fundraising strategy and activities
- Demonstrated relationships and network and knowledge across Australia's philanthropic and social impact sector
Desirable but not essential:
- Prior experience in health or community sector
- Capital campaign experience
Please click the Apply Now button or call Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive on 03 8613 3547 for a confidential discussion about this fantastic and rewarding opportunity.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained recruitment partner on this talent search assignment.