About the company
Officeworks is Australia's leading retailer and supplier of office products for home, business and education and is committed to helping make bigger things happen for their customers every day. As part of the Wesfarmers group, Officeworks has an extensive national footprint of 166 retail stores and employs more than 8000 team members. Officeworks is a purpose-driven organisation with a strong values platform, which underpins the way they do business, and are focused on their community, the environment and their people. Officeworks is a well-established and iconic brand that has an impressive and loyal customer base and has achieved exceptional trading results and consistent growth.
About the role
A member of the Officeworks Leadership Team and reporting into the Head of Merchandise, Marketing & Supply Chain, this appointment is business critical and will take a lead role in shaping the future growth trajectory of Officeworks. Strategic Marketing is regarded as an essential building block to business success, so it is imperative that the appointed candidate can bridge the gap between setting a clear strategic vision, and delivering strong brand and marketing strategies that resonate with customers. You will be responsible for leading and mentoring a large marketing team to deliver on commercial and strategic growth plans. This is a high profile leadership role and imperative to your success will be your ability to lead and grow a Marketing team, build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including the Merchandise, B2B, E-Commerce and Customer Experience teams, to identify strategic growth opportunities and continue to deliver a seamless customer experience with the brand.
- Develop strategic brand vision and fully integrated marketing plans across multiple business channels and marketing platforms to ensure profitable growth
- Deliver the brand strategy for the Private Label Portfolio
- Lead and develop the capability of a large Marketing team
- Ensure long term brand health measurements and KPI's are met
- Manage financial budgets, reporting and agency relationships
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Report on marketing, campaign and brand measurements to demonstrate contribution & ROI
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in a business-related discipline
- A track record in developing a compelling brand, marketing, and customer propositions in a fast paced data-centric business
- Innovative and digitally savvy Marketer ideally with experience in building integrated digital and one to one communication strategies
- Significant leadership experience with demonstrated ability to engage and develop teams and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven experience in delivering positive commercial outcomes within a large retail business environment and high-level financial management skills
- Demonstrated understanding of retail fundamentals (marketing, supply chain, operations, and merchandise)
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to engage and articulate a clear vision across a business
- Strong customer, competitor, and market insight focus
- Rewarding work culture & and a member of the senior leadership team
- Attractive package and working benefits
- Ongoing investment in learning, development, and career coaching
- Unique opportunity to work within a fast paced, growing, innovative and inspiring Australian brand
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Jo Krause on (03) 8613 3512 or Suzie McInerney on (03) 8613 3516 for a confidential discussion.
Six Degrees has been retained by Officeworks on an exclusive basis. Any CV's sent directly to Officeworks will be forwarded to Six Degrees as part of the process.