About the company
This leading print materials & packaging organisation have representation in over 26 countries around the world and a consolidated revenue of $6+ billion AU, the local subsidiary is a significant employer with offices and facilities in every major state and territory across ANZ.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO for the ANZ group organisation, this business-critical leadership role will see the successful candidate take full control and responsibility for the $150+ million packaging and labels division to strategically drive the growth agenda into new markets and manage existing key relationships with tier one global suppliers and local key customers.
- The GM of Sales is responsible for driving commercial and operational leadership through the national business development, major account management, and sales support/marketing functions.
- Define new business sales strategy, in line with overall company objectives
- Investigate potential M&A opportunities to grow market share in existing or new market segments.
- Lead a high performing sales culture - x6 direct & 11 indirect reports
- Set best practice key account management processes and plans with the team to retain, win, and grow strategic customer relationships
- Develop strategies to improve inventory turnover and reduce slow moving, obsolete, aged and discontinued
- Manage and negotiate key supplier relationships
- Build lasting customer relationships through excellence in service as well as through thought leadership, corporate events, networking, and industry trade shows
- Be hands-on with the team in developing large scale strategic sales opportunities at a national level across assigned key customers and new business targets
- Assist with preparation of major tenders, quotations, RFI, RFP and manage the bid process
- Adhere to CRM compliance to track all customer engagement activities, sales opportunities, and financial reporting to the board
Skills & Experience
- Experienced executive with strong business analysis, planning and change management skills
- Tertiary Qualifications and or significant industry related experience.
- Strong financial acumen, P&L management experience.
- Experience in managing large and diverse sales & operational teams
- Ability to create and implement winning sales strategies.
- High level problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to obtain and interpret information and make specific recommendations.
- High level influencing and presentation skills.
- Experience in inventory management.
- Proficient understanding of sales and marketing techniques.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Sound understanding of sales and negotiation techniques.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
- Proven ability to engage and build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders.
- A high level of technical knowledge and experience from within the packaging industry is a must.
This well-established growing global business that has a culture built on innovation, collaboration, and free-thinking, no idea is a bad idea, and team-work is the name of the game..."
- Work with a highly engaged leadership team
- Very supportive and collaborative leadership team who are at the heart of the business
- Executive-level package on offer which will be tailored to attract the best qualified candidate in the market
- Clear succession plan for the successful candidate
- This role forms part of the senior leadership team and will have strategic input to the broader organisation and future growth plans of the business
- Fresh, modern working environment
- Represent leading global brands
- Pre covid this leading organisation offer global career paths for successful and ambitious individuals
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on (03) 86133561 for a confidential career discussion quoting reference number TC21664.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.