About the company
This Iconic Australian industrial capital equipment sales & hire organisation have represented the leading products in the market that have been setting the standard in terms of innovation and technology for over a decade, they pride themselves on providing the market with equipment that really makes a difference in terms of quality, automation and driving down cost in the logistics, construction and manufacturing markets.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing this business-critical leadership role will see the successful candidate take full control and responsibility for the National Key Accounts and Strategic New Business Development team, who are responsible for winning and retaining large blue-chip customers at a national level.
- The GM of Business Development is responsible for driving commercial and operational leadership through the national new business development, major account management, and sales support functions.
- Define new business sales strategy, in line with overall company objectives
- Lead a high performing sales culture
- Set best practice key account management processes and plans with the team to retain, win and grow customer relationships
- Build lasting customer relationships through excellence in service as well as through thought leadership, corporate events, networking, and industry trade shows
- Be hands-on with the team in developing large scale strategic sales opportunities at a national level across assigned key customers and new business targets
- Assist with preparation of major tenders, quotations, RFI, RFP and manage the bid process
- Adhere to CRM compliance to track all customer engagement activities, sales opportunities, and financial reporting
Skills & Experience
- Strong experience and technical knowledge of materials handling or a closely related industry truck/trailer sales, construction/access equipment, food manufacturing capital equipment, contract logistics markets/warehouse fit-out
- Proven track record of commercial sales growth
- A senior sales leader within the industry who has operated at a national level
- Have thrived in working in a team focused collaborative environment
- Exceptional track record of managing new business and key account management functions/teams
This well-established growing private enterprise has a culture built on innovation, collaboration, and free-thinking, no idea is a bad idea, and team-work is the name of the game..."
- Work with a highly engaged leadership team
- Very supportive Sales & Marketing Director who is at the heart of the business
- Executive-level package on offer which will be tailored to attract the best candidate in the market
- This role forms part of the senior leadership team and will have strategic input to the broader sales organisation and future growth plans of the business
- Fresh, modern working environment
- Represent leading global brands
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on (03) 86133561 for a confidential career discussion quoting reference number TC15489.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.