About the company
Our client is growing their burgeoning business within the exciting space of Health and Wellness. Their inner-city sanctuary is redefining the wellness industry as we know it. An innovative and luxurious space that promotes and educates physical, nutritional, mental and social well-being, as a place to escape from all the city stressors.
About the role
This position is integral to the continued growth and success of this business, as they innovate and elevate their brand profile in market. As the General Manager of Operations, you will be tasked to manage all retail and general operation functions, across all sales channels- be it Fitness, Café and Spa. Drive the operational and financial performance of the business and reflect the company values whilst ensuring that the operation delivers the standards and service set in place.
A rare and exciting opportunity for a passionate player, to align all your wellness dreams into one dynamic role, immersing yourself holistically in to a lifestyle.
Requirements of the role:
- Senior retail operations experience in the Health and Wellness spaces preferable
- Able to deliver the best in class experiential customer journey
- Be accountable for hiring, managing and training a team of 30+ employees, including a team of 3 managers
- Proven experience in sales and business development
- Management and continued growth of the brand health
- Direct the day to day management, operations and logistics for the retreat including café, spa, fitness, independent contractors and practitioners, licensees, events and workshops
- Manage the business financial performance including the preparation of the annual budget, revenue forecasting and product inventory
- Reviews and analyses the monthly profit and loss statements to control expenses and ensure the annual budget is achieved and costs are controlled
- Developing marketing and public relations initiatives to increase retreat visibility, guest visits and increase revenue
- Responsible for the health and safety within the retreat ensuring adherence to both statutory regulations and company guidelines
- Conclude all legal contracts including employee contracts, contractor, consultant and licensee agreement
- Plan an annual calendar of promotional and educational events in line with cultural and relevant events
- Effectively create and integrate a marketing strategy and ensure ongoing representation of the retreat both internally and externally
- Be responsible for building guest relations, creating and managing comprehensive guest/member profiles
- Balance the different needs of the various target markets , be it retreat members, café customer and occasional user, to ensure that they receive a personal and relevant experience
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures manuals
- Support, mentor and development of team members
Skills and experience:
- Qualifications in Wellness/Fitness Management advantageous
- 5+ years of Retail Operation Management experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally across all levels of the business
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, working cross-culturally and leading from the front
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial thinking, with a strong business acumen able to deliver growth to the brand
- Proactive and driven
- A 'self-starter' attitude
- Have the ability to demonstrate how you have worked with a team to develop and create innovative, thought provoking ideas on our objectives
Our client is an innovative business, that has one of the industry's greatest collectives of wellness experts. An exceptional bunch of like-minded, hardworking professionals. Creating wholeness and balance is at the heart of who they are. They are knowledgeable and continually learning, transforming the landscape of health and wellness.
- Exceptional working culture and lifestyle
- Attractive salary package on offer
- Staff discount and entitlements
- Luxurious and innovative working environment
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carolyn Heyward on (03) 8613 3505 for a confidential discussion.