About the company
This ASX listed manufacturing business provides diversified product and service solutions that cater for the needs of a variety customers across the Asia Pacific region. They are currently in a growth and acquisition phase and seek a highly capable and experienced GM Operations to lead strategic initiatives that underpin the organisations long term goals.
About the role
- As GM Operations, the role will be responsible for providing effective leadership in the achievement of sustainable world-class standards of productivity, quality, safety, engineering, customer focus, cost and people management alongside building of long term co-operative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will be a member of the senior leadership team and be jointly responsible for business growth in Australia through developing and executing strategic and business plans.
- Key accountabilities include:
- Ensure the manufacturing group develop and execute annual business plans and budgets focussing on: safety performance, the deployment of operations excellence initiatives and achievement of health and safety improvements, manufacturing efficiencies, customer DIFOT, yields, product quality, conversion costs, and employee capability;
- Provide leadership and articulate the vision for manufacturing teams to deliver to customers needs in a profitable and sustainable manner;
- Drive operational excellence to deliver a low cost, highly automated manufacturing footprint to ensure the cost base provides a sustainable competitive advantage;
- Provide a clear leadership focus to change mindsets on quality both in product and service with an objective to make this stand out as a core competency that our customers value and sees a major benefit in increased yields and less waste;
- Lead safety and environment for manufacturing driving a culture of ownership and action.
- Develop and implement strategic plans, with a specific focus on improving operational efficiency and resource utilisation to achieve low cost manufacturing and support the growth of value-added activities.
- Lead 8 direct reports across 5 sites and approximately 150 employees
Skills & Experience
- To be successful in this role, you will have tertiary or post graduate qualifications in Engineering, Business or related discipline
- It is essential you have proven experience in managing multi-site manufacturing operations.
- You are a strong leader and have experience in building effective teams whilst leading change and using your experience in Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Providing outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to quickly gain the confidence of colleagues and customers.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on (03) 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number DY19211.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.