- Lead high profile projects in a fast paced environment
- National Role with full accountability for budget and strategy
- Business critical role with clear career progression opportunities
About the company
Our client is a privately owned manufacturing business with a national footprint and a host of long standing customer relationships. Having recently gone through a period of positive change and growth, they are now looking to add a GM - Operations to the leadership team.
About the role
Reporting to the board you will have full accountability for national operations across multiple sites both in AUS and NZ including Plant Management, Engineering, Quality, CI and Inventory. Managing a large regional team, and with full P&L accountability.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading a safety first culture to ensure a healthy, safe and environmentally compliant workforce with relevant systems and practices adhered to
- The design and implementation of a more sophisticated CI & Operational Excellence program to take the operations function to the next level.
- Working with the CEO to effectively managing the Capex program to improve operational output and deliver business objectives
- Drive a strong performance and engagement culture at all levels of the business
- The implementation of key KPI's to deliver on quality, safety, output & cost to achieve budgeted profit targets as well as customer retention.
About the candidate
You will be a manufacturing professional with multi site operational leadership experience ideally gained from the FMCG or general manufacturing industry. With exposure working in a highly cost pressurised environment, you will have delivered large scale projects and had P&L accountability. Degree qualified and with proven change management skills you will also possess:
Key Skills & Attributes
- Strong negotiation, commercial and problem solving skills with the ability to drive improved performance at a site level
- Experience managing a national manufacturing footprint with exposure to consolidating sites, setting up new facilities and managing teams through change
- Customer focused with the ability to develop strong relationships and drive growth
- Very strategic in approach with the ability to develop strong cross functional relationships with Sales, Finance and Operations
- Experience managing a sophisticated CI program
How to apply
To apply, click the APPLY button. For more information, or to have a confidential career discussion call John Whitehead on 8613 3542.