This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced GM to join a growing (but established) business that provides products into the building and construction industry.
Over the next 18 months will see the business undergo transformational change and this role will be a key player in helping to drive this change. This will be a combination of new systems, upskilling and growing the team and enhancing the culture to be adaptive to change.
The role will be responsible for reviewing both the day to day operations of the business and setting the strategic direction. You will be responsible for overall sales, profitability, process optimisation and EBIT as well as other functional activities within the company.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong background in delivering change and driving performance, process and strategy. You will have significant leadership experience and ability to manage through ambiguity.
- Review end to end process for the business and identify short and longer term improvements prioritised according to risk and service delivery
- The current versus optimal organisation structure/capability requirements
- Review current versus projected revenues versus capacity
- Review the projected budget for accuracy when considering the above
- Establish a communication platform (meeting structures, agendas etc) that embeds a culture of collaboration and open communication, particularly focussed on improvement
- Provide clear leadership, direction and management for the business unit
- Proactively coach and mentor a team of direct reports particularly focused on involving the team in the business improvements required
- Consult with other General Managers to knowledge share solutions
- Ultimately you will be one of the key leaders within the business and will be working closely with all of our Support leaders to continue to improve our business
- knowledge of the construction industry or similar
- Create and deliver strategy and deliver actions and outcomes
- Track record of successfully delivering change management and a large environment
- Knowledge and track record of implementing continuous improvement concepts, processes and quality assurances
- Strong people management and leadership experience including employee engagement, training and development and mentoring and coaching
- Proactive and effective in setting targets and goals and achieving them
If you feel like you have the required experience please click APPLY NOW.
Please note that we are on annual leave until the 7th of January and will respond to candidates then!