About the company
National Affordable Housing Consortium (NAHC) is a not-for-profit social value enterprise established in 2008 through the increasing need for more affordable housing options in Australia.
Our goal is to increase affordable housing supply to meet community needs. We act as a catalyst for innovation in the provision of affordable housing and we contribute to building sustainable, inclusive communities through a balance approach to commercial, social and environmental outcomes.
Since 2009, we have facilitated the delivery of 3,520 new affordable rental housing homes across three states and we directly manage 2,300 homes through our Property Management business - Home Equity & Rental Service.
About the role
Within the context of the organisation's next stage of development, this is a new role within a new leadership structure.
Working closely with the Managing Director, the General Manager, Business Strategy & Execution is responsible for:
- Develop and recommend a progressive strategic planning framework and implement
- Develop the annual business plan, delivery and reporting
- Develop the strategic investment plan and annual investment plans
- Evolve current business models to maximise growth opportunities and drive scaled up responses to unmet market need
- Integrate how the "Big Picture" of initiatives comes together from definition through implementation, including implications across the business
- Support the Managing Director in developing longer term industry, finance and Government partnerships which provide mutual benefits beyond the current 'project-opportunity' approach.
Business Development & Pipeline
- Oversee and prioritise NAHC market research to inform innovative solutions/opportunities
- Guide business growth to meet balanced social, commercial and environmental goals
- Evolve and promote NAHC's innovative investment structures and funding models for key stakeholder participation
Project Selection & Delivery
- Review and evolve the NAHC project governance / management framework
- Ensure rigorous project governance for opportunity identification, assessment including modelling, selection and investment
- Identify, source, facilitate strategic or project-based partnerships to achieve project outcomes
Brand, Marketing & Communications
- Working closely with the Managing Director, oversee the development and implementation of the NAHC Group communications plan, including NAHC's engagement strategy to build a sustainable business
- Oversee the development and implementation of brand strategy and marketing activities across the Group, portfolio, and service range
- Ensure uniform delivery of the brand across all business activities
Financial Management & Reporting
- Input to annual budget preparation
- Manage the annual departmental expenditure budget to ensure that activities/services are delivered within agreed budget and timeframes
- Management reporting, including on key metrics to track performance against objectives.
People & Team Leadership
- Lead a specialist team of professionals/experts through strong internal consultancy
- Build a high performing team through effective employee engagement and ensure employees are behaviourally aligned with organisational values
- Ensure individuals/teams are aligned to the business plan and goals with clear performance expectations/accountabilities/KPIs
- Highly accomplished senior executive (10+ years' experience) with relevant industry experience at a strategic level
- Experience in business development within the property or finance sectors or within a larger community service business
- Commercially savvy with demonstrated experience in strategic business development, innovative funding sources, partnerships, and governance
- Highly experienced in strategic and business planning
- Inspirational thought leader, innovator and influencer
- Experienced in client loyalty management strategies
- Solid financial analytical skills and understanding of sources of capital and investment
- Proven ability to build rapport and foster effective relationships across the organisation
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Credible, engaging communicator with active experience in communication and/ or marketing/public relations strategies
- Proven leadership skills at Business Unit/Departmental level including driving change and fostering desired culture and employee engagement
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Business Management, Marketing)
- Relevant experience working in not for profit environment (desirable).
If interested and you have the desired experience and match company values, please click on the APPLY button to submit your resume.