About the company
Our client is at the cutting edge of luxury lifestyle products and concepts. Launched over 10+ years ago they curate an eclectic and intriguing mix of products sourced from near and far. Offering the discerning and loyal customer, a unique shopping experience that expresses a style that dares to be bold and creative, immersing yourself in a truly inspirational store aesthetic. It's so much more than just a place to buy beautiful things.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for the strategic & operational execution of the Business, developing & leading the functions to deliver on their accountabilities & goals. With a passion for retail, operational efficiency and for best of breed customer experience and growing market share, you will lead the business in achieving its vision. This is a hands-on role that would suit an individual who has a desire to contribute to a fast-growing agile business.
- Drive a People & Culture high performance environment.
- Achieve sales, GP, expense & EBITDA targets.
- Oversee Full life-cycle of product - Inclusive of planning, production, merchandise plan, Logistics & fulfilment
- Optimise the customer offering through omni channel and other initiatives
- Improve market share and identify market gaps.
- Provide direct management of key functional heads.
- Communicate strategic performance to the team and board.
- Contribute along with the board to the design of business strategy & vision
- design the strategic plan & Risk Management Framework
- Embed ethics & sustainability as part of our decision making.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a General Management and or Senior Operations within the retail sector, within a SME business
- Proven success leading growing teams with a particular emphasis on succession planning and personal development.
- Sound understanding of HR policies and hard and soft skills regarding performance management of team.
- Strong technical knowledge of inventory management systems.
- MBA and or company Directors qualifications highly desirable.
- Experience in strategic cross functional collaboration.
- Extensive experience with Online & Omni channel.
- Experience with data analytics & report creation.
- Proven success of meeting financial performance targets.
Other attributes and personal qualities
- Agile, resilient and able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to influence & inspire.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about attention to detail and providing best of breed customer service.
- Understand and align to the company vision & values.
- Ability to work within a creative retail environment, managing multiple conflicting priorities
- Exceptional stakeholder management, communication and negotiation skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office - strong competency with Excel.
You will be a commercially and analytically minded as well as being a creative individual whom is passionate about the retail space. You will be proactive, ambitious with a can-do attitude and consider your communication and relationship building skills to be your key strengths. You will be able to work autonomously as well as effectively within a small team environment.
Internally you will be surrounded by equally creative and passionate individuals within a friendly culture that promotes innovation and outside the box thinking.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carolyn Heyward on (03) 8613 3505 for a confidential discussion.