Located in Hong Kong, with a footprint spread right across Asia, our client is one of Asia's most successful retailers. They are seeking to appoint a Group R&D Manager into their Private Label category spanning the full suite of grocery products.
- Reporting to the Director OF Corporate Brands you will oversee a team of technical specialists supporting the development of private label products. Facilitate the coaching, mentoring of all Group and Local staff with respect to the Group R&D Strategy for Food and Non-Food (Grocery) and Merchandising team across all businesses.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures according to the Group's business needs. You will also be responsible for the management of the R&D Team by providing direct leadership, direction, and mentorship.
- Support the daily Technical needs of Group Procurement and Brand Teams by providing technical, regulatory, process, and ingredient expertise in the development of concepts of products.
- Work with suppliers to resolve technical and process issues to ensure products are delivered to brief, and systems are in place to secure products are consistent with the required quality at launch and post launch.
- Oversee and maintain all third-party agency relationships with respect to product development, packaging and reg affairs, to ensure they are consistently producing safe, legal and consistent products for consumers.
- Oversee all responsible / sustainable sourcing strategies from a product development perspective, partnering closely with Procurement on the execution of those strategies.
- Ensures that all Brand items consistently meet product specifications with regards to product development parameters.
The successful candidate
- Degree with a major in Food Science or other Science related degree.
- Min 10 - 15 years' experience in Retail / Manufacturing or other FMCG environments.
- Retail / Food industry Third party experience with at least 10 years' experience in Retail: Product Development roles.
- Program Management experience in the commercialisation of new product lines. (Development and implementation).
- Commercial acumen (former experience in marketing / product development is strongly preferred).
- Experience working for or managing accounts with a multi-national company or retailer regionally.
- Independent, effective leader with strengths in strategic planning and implementation.
- Asian languages are a plus.
The organisation will offer a competitive salary package with full relocation assistance and work visa. For a confidential discussion please call Stephen Montague on 02 8024 7144 or apply via the appropriate link.