Our client is a highly reputable, internationally recognised tertiary institution with a reputation for excellence in both academia and research. They are passionate about preserving their culture and their Employee Value Proposition which makes it a highly sought after work environment offering flexibility and innovation. There is a rare opportunity to join the Alumni and Stakeholder Relations team as Head of Communications to drive engagement of alumni and new and existing donors.
The Head of Advancement Communications reports through to the Director, Alumni and Stakeholder Relations and manages a motivated team of communications professionals. This is a pivotal role for the Advancement team, developing and implementing communications strategies which support the goals of the University's capital campaign. A key stakeholder engagement role, it works across a complex stakeholder group to develop a 'digital first' approach to communications and marketing across Advancement. The role oversees the production of communications collateral, online and traditional content channels and the development of best practice systems and processes to streamline the delivery of communication services. This is a role which will shape the vision of Advancement including the increase of alumni donors for the University.
Skills and experience
As Head of Advancement Communications, you will have skills and experience to reflect the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or similar field
- Ability to be an innovative and attentive leader who inspires others
- Strengths in digital communication and engagement of diverse audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience developing strategic communications in line with organisational planning
- Thrive in a nimble and agile work environment
- The ability to connect people with the story
- Change management capability
- Easily prioritise workload and manage expectations of complex stakeholders
- Adhere to brand architecture and guidelines to mirror brand positioning for alumni donors
- Budget management
Please click the Apply Now button, or for a confidential discussion, please call Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518.
Six Degrees are the retained partner for this assignment. Any applications sent to our client will be redirected to Six Degrees Executive.