headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples' wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. By 2019, headspace will have 110 centres nationally and has to date, provided over 2 million services to Australia's youth. To ensure the ongoing effectiveness of their Marketing and Communications team, there are several new opportunities to join headspace as part of their team expansion.
The Head of Brand Marketing and Communications is a newly created role, reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing. Its core focus is to develop and deliver an innovative and effective brand marketing and communication strategy for headspace. Leading a team of six talented marketers and communicators, the role oversees brand, national community awareness campaigns, digital marketing, internal communications, divisional marketing and communication support and community engagement. The Head of Brand Marketing and Communications will establish effective working relationships to deliver marketing and communications activities for young people, their families and friends and the headspace centre network.
This role is an initial 12 month contract.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Head of Brand Marketing and Communications will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or similar industry experience
- Extensive people leadership experience with a track record of building high performance teams
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering marketing and brand strategy preferably on a national scale
- Experience developing communication strategies for complex issues and programs
- The ability to effectively consult with and manage diverse groups of stakeholders to deliver best practice marketing and communications activities
- Extensive experience delivering community awareness or behaviour change campaigns to market
- The ability to develop marketing strategy using market insights and research
- Willingness to act both strategically and operationally to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence organisational culture
- A broad understanding of the Australian health services system would be advantageous
To apply for this role click the Apply Now button or for a confidential discussion please call Lyndsey Walker on (03) 8613 3518.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.