About the company
This Australian company is at the forefront of innovation in the service industry, with a footprint of 4k+ highly trained staff and a network of over 250 locations and complex technical assets across Australia. They are listed in the top 100 companies on the ASX and pride themselves on being at the forefront of shaping a sustainable future for all Australians.
About the role
This is a pivotal role within the company which will see this executive and highly comercial strategic sales/business development leader manage & influence a strategic business development function, tender/commercial teams and operational support staff through driving innovative and strategic plans that endeavour to build and foster relationships with key stakeholders, the successful candidate will decipher commercial opportunities into business performance and growth opportunities within a large portfolio of existing customer relationships and targeted new business opportunities.
- Reporting to and working closely with the GM of the industrials division to develop/evolve the national sales/business development structure for the business organisation; hands on, leading from the front to drive the strategic growth agenda of the business.
- Explore new target sectors and service line opportunities
- Look to recruit a new sector focused vertically aligned business development team
- Set a standard approach for sales & busines development processes, lift sales team capability to be more effective in the market
- Review current tender/bid capability and response, look at ways to develop and improve the current systems and processes
- Maintain, build, and deepen relationships with existing customer base, delivering on current contract requirements, as well as developing new business opportunities and increasing market share
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate will have extensive executive sales leadership/business development experience and have expertise in leading strategic business development functions who have extensive skills and experience of winnig major complex bids & tenders across industrial markets such as - Infastructure/Construction, Oil, Gas & Mining, Industrial Manufacturing and Utilities
- You will have the ability to work with and influence senior stakeholders at executive level
- Ideally have experience working across and presenting at c-suite level.
- Solution sales expert and complex problem solver with the ability to develop effective working relationships within businesses.
- Exceptional business acuman is a must
- Be highly analytical and have advanced commercial capability
- Cultivate innovation and be able to influence a multitude of key clients and external stakeholders coming from or have a track record working within a large complex business environment
- Have polished boardroom presentation skills
- Proven ability to drive business results
- Be highly experienced in managing tenders & bids
- Provide Business and market insights that seek to advance the organisations future aspirations.
- Overall be a highly engaging leader who drives results, makes quality driven decisions, manages through complexity and cultivates innovation
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in business to business solution selling at a national & strategic level.
A well-established growing Australian company who are a proud employer of choice, with a culture build on innovation, equal opportunity and employee development and nurture. An environmentally passionate company that wants the best out of their employees and the community.
- Work with a highly engaged newly appointed leadership team - National Head office Melbourne
- A highly attractive package is on offer which will be tailored to attract the best Sales/strategic business development Leader in the market
- Fresh, modern working environment
- High perforning business in growth mode
- Represent the market leader
- Unrivalled career opportunities on offer at this large complex business
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on (03) 86133561 for a confidential career discussion quoting reference number TC20469.
This is a fantastic career opporunitity to kick-start a new fresh appriach to your career for 2021!!
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.