This opportunity is with owner of one of Australia's most important pieces of infrastructure, acting as a key transport hub for our economy, generating in excess of $30 billion a year in revenue. The Head of Commercial Transport is responsible for the strategy and delivery of all parking and ground transport revenue and operations in line with corporate plan.
As the leader of the commercial operations business you will be focused on driving commercial returns from the asset and its vendor group activities. The team is focused on maximising core revenue streams through its commercial real estate assets, including car parks, hotels, rental cars, and leases whilst working on opportunities to expand the core revenue through alternative developments.
The team is responsible for the customer experience, ensuring an efficient and seamless experience and exploring opportunities to unlock new revenue based around the customer journey.
The Commercial Operations team is an integrated team with four key business functions - Leasing & Asset Management, Development, Facilities Management and Planning & Design. As such, the team works closely and collaboratively together and cross functionally the team shares information, learning and growing from each other.
In this role you will
- Directly manage a team focused on strategically delivering the optimum parking and ground transport experience and revenue.
- Collaborate with all operational and functional areas across the organisation, including but not limited to Aviation, Operations, Development, Security, Retail and Property to ensure collaborative and strategic approaches for the highest and best use of sites and land.
- The role is also required to interact and collaborate with external third party vendors and suppliers, stakeholders and perspective tenants.
Key Functional Accountabilities
- Manage, monitor and report on the financial performance including timely and accurate delivery of the budget.
- Development, management and implementation of a business plan
- Oversee the day-to-day direction and monitoring of contract services for the operation of the car parks to ensure optimal management of assets
- Ensure that financial analysis of existing asset performance is undertaken and that systems and procedures enable appropriate financial reporting and control for all car parking and ground transportation business activities.
- Ensure all contracts are compliant with relevant legislation and contractual conditions are fulfilled.
- Monthly reporting on progress against parking and transport business plan including deep dive and analysis of the financial performance of the portfolio
- Develop, implement and support initiatives to maximise the product range and commercial performance of existing and new car parking and commercial transportation assets and services.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Commerce, Economics or Marketing.
- Extensive experience in contract management.
- Experience leading a Business Unit or similar.
- Experience in financial management.
- Demonstrated strategic and visionary thinking with proven implementation of strategies and initiatives
- Strong report writing, financial analysis and financial delivery
- Effective and energetic communicator who can maintain strong relationships and influence key stakeholders
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Effective business performance management skills
For a full job description and further information please contact Alan Claire on 0423 539 040 or alternatively submit your expression of interest.