About the company
Kids Under Cover is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to preventing youth homelessness. They are a charity organisation in Australia supporting vulnerable young people between the ages of 12 and 25 years who are either already homeless or at risk of homelessness.
They do this by providing studio accommodation and education scholarships. They believe stable accommodation and education help young people stay connected to their family, to education and with their community.
About the role
Reporting into the Deputy Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the CEO, this role will lead on all communications and advocacy activities. You will be sitting as part of the Senior Management Team, and develop and manage communication and marketing strategies aimed at increasing the awareness of the Kids Under Cover's brand, programs, and fundraising initiatives
In this role, you will be responsible for the development of their digital engagement strategy to increase the impact across digital channels and oversee the implementation of the media strategy. You will also be managing the optimisation of Kids Under Cover's reputation and public profile, while also developing and maintaining the Advocacy, Thought Leadership and Research Framework delivering on strategic outcomes. You will also be managing two direct reports.
Skills & Experience
- At least 10 years Communications, digital and/or advocacy experience, with at least 3 years in team leadership
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing/Communications (preferred).
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience communicating effectively, motivating a team, handling and delegating responsibilities and problem solving.
- Experience in managing diverse relationships with varied and multiple external agencies/suppliers.
- Collaborates, cultivates, and facilitates productive internal and external working relationships to influence outcomes for the benefit of Kids Under Cover.
- A strong track record as both a strategic thinker and implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Previous experience working within a not-for-profit organisation (desirable)
This is an excellent opportunity to join their professional, friendly and supportive team. Kids Under Cover is located in close proximity to public transport links in Richmond along with a variety of employee benefits such as regular social gatherings with passionate and dedicated co-workers. With a competitive salary and additional salary packaging benefits, Kids Under Cover also offers flexible working arrangements.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maisie Sheffield at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3535 for a confidential discussion.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.