About the company
Our client is a global FMCG organisation manufacturing market leading branded products. The organisation is well known for it's values driven and collaborative culture, offering flexible working arrangements.
About the role
Reporting into a regional procurement head in Europe, the Head of Directs will overlook the directs portfolio including ingredients, packaging and contract manufacturing.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Develop the localised strategy in relation to supplier management, risk management and supplier selection to meet the organisation's cost, quality and service expectations
- Manage the directs portfolio sourcing activities, including NPD plans
- Leading the local tenders, supplier negotiations and contract management
- Development and execution of category strategy in relation to cost savings
- Support regional and global tender and wider commercial initiatives
Please note this is a stand alone role, with no direct reports
We are seeking candidates with extensive directs (ingredients, packaging, contract manufacturing) category management experience gained from FMCG organisations. Ideally we are seeking candidates that have experience gained from multinational organisations. Must be degree qualified, preferable in Business, Supply Chain or Finance.
South Eastern location.
If this sounds like it's for you, then we would love you to push the 'Apply Now' button to forward your CV. You can also contact Christine Armadass on 03 8613 3513 for a confidential discussion. Thank you.