About the Company
Our client, a household name, and reputable membership organisation in Victoria is seeking a senior media and external relations professional to support the achievement of core objectives over the coming years. They provide their members with key services across home, life and business and most importantly represent them on key issues and concerns to secure public policy and regulatory outcomes.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive General Manager and working closely with the senior and executive leadership team, you will support advocacy efforts with authority and credibility on key issues for the business and its members. You will ensure the organisation is well connected and engaged with key external stakeholders, acting as a liaison between external stakeholders and the relevant teams internally. You will also act as a media spokesperson on key issues, or support and advise other media representatives within the organisation.
- Drive and support relationships with Federal and State ministers and their offices, senior government officials, relevant regulators, and government departments and jurisdictions.
- Design and implement the stakeholder engagement strategy including programs of work that secure positive policy and regulatory outcomes for their members
- Analyse Federal and State Government public policy developments and provide advice to the organisation on the appropriate response and management
- Develop and nurture relationships with peak bodies, industry groups, research institutes and other relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with relevant external stakeholders on key issues and represent the business at relevant policy forums, industry groups and government consultations.
- Work with the Corporate Communications team and across key business portfolios to identify and map business critical issues and coordinate the appropriate policy and engagement response
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will meet the following criteria:
- Experienced media, government and advocacy & stakeholder relations professional with 10+ years' experience
- Demonstrated capability in establishing and managing relationships with senior level government stakeholders
- Proven ability to successfully create and implement strategic stakeholder engagement plans
- Solution-focused partnership approach to relationship management, with a professional presence and high level interpersonal and influencing skills
- Mature, adaptive and flexible disposition with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders, interpreting their needs and providing strong counsel and advice
- Ability to anticipate emerging risk and reputational issues and manage appropriately, including acting as a media spokesperson on behalf of an organisation
- A collaborator and connector, with the ability to generate the confidence and support of people from across the business
- Experience in a similar role across energy, infrastructure or community sectors is highly regarded
To be successful in this role and organisation, you will be a natural connector, who seeks to create a better way for the members and the business through meaningful internal and external collaboration. You understand that working together achieves more.
Get in touch
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click the APPLY button to submit your resume and cover letter addressing the key criteria. Alternatively contact Lauren Madden on 03) 8613 3547 for a confidential discussion.
Feel free to add me on LinkedIn to keep up to date on the market and other opportunities; https://www.linkedin.com/in/laurenmaddensde/