Head of Finance
- Innovative and forward-thinking FMCG business
- Leadership opportunity with direct reports / Salary Package: $230K
Looking for a Head of Finance who is a stellar commercial manager with a creative and innovative mindset.
Our client is a company that keeps food and health innovation at the core of everything it does. It has strong brand presence in the consumer market and sells through grocery and convenience channels. With an overseas parent, they are well funded with a growth and transformation strategy in play for Australia.
About the role
This Head of Finance role calls on someone who is able to maintain financial control with a strong commercial mindset and business partner effectively with the Managing Director. You will use your FMCG background to identify typical traps and wastages while holding solid financial accounting experience and be a creative thinker. The Head of Finance is accountable for ensuring all financial controls and processes are in place, as well as helping the business maximise profits and reach sustainable profitable growth thanks to sound commercial & financial analysis and insights. You will play a key and active role as part of the leadership team, driving the company's growth and transformation agenda.
- Participate as a key player in the setting and driving of the business strategy
- Exert influence within the business towards ensuring sound commercially based decisions consistent with the company objectives, including analysis and interpretation of the results and making recommendations to optimise the company's financial results in line with agreed strategies
- Manage and drive an efficient budget and forecasting process to the business and board of directors
- Responsible for meeting and compiling with all accounting, tax, audit and financial reporting requirements of the business (internally and externally)
- Report internally and to partners accurate results every month and at Year End
- Establish and maintain necessary controls and processes to ensure compliance in respect to local laws and regulations, policy and procedures
- Drive continuous review of current business model and suggest new revenue and profit generation strategies
- Manage ad-hoc improvement projects from time to time to ensure higher efficiency of finance systems and processes, in collaboration with peers and IT
- Responsible for risk mitigation planning, working closely with GM, peers and Crisis Manager to ensure Business Continuity at all times
- Accountable for the day-to-day management of the Finance team as well as coaching and developing our finance talents
- Develop a high performing diverse finance team, with a business partner mindset
To be successful, you will be a CPA or CA, with experience at a senior commercial manager level. This could be an ideal role for someone wanting to step up and into the FD role. Must have FMCG / manufacturing experience. You will have a growth mindset, experienced in leading teams through transformation, work with ELT's and boards to drive outcomes and a willingness to be hands-on as required.
How to apply
Please apply directly by clicking on the apply button. Due to a high volume of applications, those who are well suited to the role will be contacted only.