The Head of Individual and Community Giving is a critical leadership position reporting directly to the Head of Division, Fundraising and Communications.
Do you have a clear vision of how to inspire more people to join a cause that makes a difference every day? Love developing growth strategies and leading a team to implement them achieving great results? Know how to harness traditional mass market fundraising techniques such as Direct Mail, Regular Giving and Appeals and adapt and innovate to leverage digital channels, techniques and opportunities? Know how to measure what matters and motivate a team to work in a growth mindset? This is the perfect role for you!
Every four minutes another Australian is diagnosed with cancer - this is a rare leadership opportunity in a large, impactful charity where the work you do every day makes a difference.
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians. Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support Cancer Council Victoria's work in line with the organisation's mission and values.
The Individual and Community Giving Unit is accountable for the strategy and implementation of key fundraising activities to drive diversified and sustainable income growth. This dynamic unit takes a continuous improvement approach to innovation and business development, ensuring supporters have a great experience supporting Cancer Council.
The unit is responsible for Cancer Council Victoria's mass market fundraising activities to increase supporter contributions annually and secure long-term income. Working across multiple digital and offline channels and campaigns, the unit comprises direct marketing appeals, regular giving, peer-to-peer, community engagement and retail revenue streams.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Head of Individual and Community Giving to join the Fundraising and Communications Division. Reporting to the Head of Division, Fundraising and Communications your role is to:
- Lead the Individual and Community Giving team to high performance setting and achieving ambitious donor acquisition, retention and growth goals and income targets
- Lead cross functional planning of campaigns/revenue streams informed by best practice supporter insights and data analysis with a focus on digital channels in an increasingly competitive market
- Ensure effective longer-term supporter journeys are developed for supporters who join the organisation through fundraising activities
- Be a collaborative member of the Division's leadership team and senior management group of the organisation
- Help bring our digital transformation strategy to life
All about you
- Motivated by setting and achieving long term, sustainable fundraising growth and know how to measure what matters to track progress
- Excited by opportunities to leverage digital channels and techniques, behavioural sciences and other areas and apply to mass marketing fundraising for growth
- People focused, understanding how supporter experience supports acquisition, retention and growth
- Driven to contribute your effective leadership skills to motivate and inspire teams to do their best work every day
- Relevant post graduate qualifications in Business, Marketing, Fundraising or related field and substantial experience in leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering successful fundraising strategies in direct mail, regular giving and community fundraising
- Expertise using customer insights. business intelligence, income and growth modelling, and benchmarking to set and achieve meaningful KPIs
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thinking, problem solving, innovation theory, numerical and analytical skills to drive innovation and maximise fundraising and/or sales
- Strong customer-centric orientation and approach, and the ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement, especially in a call centre environment
- Experience using CRMs and Business Intelligence Tools such as ThankQ, Salesforce, Google Analytics and PowerBI.
What we can offer you
- To apply