About the company
Our client is one of Australia and New Zealand's largest food manufacturers who produces a diverse product range across multiple growth categories. Apart of a global food company that sells into 47 countries around the world, this subsidiary is driven by the values of challenging the status quo, personal accountability for results and working as one team in a progressive culture.
About the role
As the Head of Innovation, we are looking for an Innovation expert who has led a large Innovation function effectively through change. As the key conduit between Sales, R&D, Marketing and Operations, you will manage a team of 5 to deliver all innovation and new product projects across multiple categories. You will have an excellent understanding of the local and global trends and you will feed these insights back into the business to ensure a heathy innovation pipeline for future growth. You will work closely to multiple business units to achieve set deadlines and will own the overall innovation process end to end. A creative and insights driven approach is also required as we are looking for someone who can step change the culture and excite everyone about Innovation and new methods of doing things. The growth agenda is centred around Innovation, Quality and Communications and you will work closely with 3rd party manufacturers both locally and globally, whilst also partnering with the local manufacturing site. Prior experience within mergers and acquisitions is also deemed as advantageous for this role.
- Lead the innovation agenda for the business and drive engagement across the business (change management)
- Work across multiple categories and teams
- Provide macro and micro trends
- Partner closely with the Head of Consumer Insights
- Lead a team of 5 (Product and R&D)
- Conduct post implementation analysis to identify portfolio optimisation opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, commerce or related field
- 8-10+ years' experience in Innovation, Insights and Marketing Management, ideally working with food or beverages
- Strong commercial acumen
- Prior leadership experience
- Experience working closely with either Aztec or Nielsen data
- Prior experience in food manufacturing ideal
- Extensive experience in stakeholder management
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Maya Wettenhall on (03) 8613 3510 for a confidential discussion. If this role doesn't sound quite right for you but you are open to hearing about new opportunities in Marketing, feel free to get in touch or jump on to the website and sign up for our job alerts!