About the company
Have you ever thought about taking the leap and building up a marketing team in a start up? What if you didn't have the resources available to you like you have in a large institution? This organisation has received a lot of accolades since inception and have built up quite a reputation in their vertical. They have successfully managed to challenge the status quo and a lot of less progressive competitors are particularly worried right now!
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will manage all strategic and operational aspects of the marketing function, including development of a comprehensive marketing strategy. You will build and implement brand building campaigns as well as develop and implement marketing programs to build and enhance the brand, drive sales growth and support the sales teams in their customer activity. Key to this role will be to manage website content and digital strategy. You will have one direct report initially who will help manage all external email marketing initiatives and implementation of events, including promotions and invitations, promotional collateral and venue. You will work closely with executives to define goals, audience targets, and KPIs for maximum impact.
- Research and access appropriate sponsorship and speaking opportunities in order to reach target market.
- Manage external agencies
- Develop and manage budgets
- Accountable for tracking and reporting ROI on all major marketing activities/campaigns
- Lead a team of one initially
- Carry out regular competitor analysis and brand positioning
- Collaborate cross-functionally, for best brand outcomes, and actively drive collaboration across the business units
Skills and Experience
- Minimum ten years of marketing/communications experience, with a focus on strategy, planning and implementing integrated marketing communications campaign programs
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business
- Experience in developing marketing and communications strategies that are aligned to business strategy and priorities
- Ability to keep the business focused on priorities and differentiate between the important and the less important
- Budget planning and management experience
- An understanding of market segmentation and customer relationship management/databases. Familiarity with demand generation, lead tracking, ROI is needed to be successful
- Ability to work and manage external suppliers.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Self-starter, independent and proactive
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button.