About the company:
This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of Australia's leading Tourism and Accommodation providers whose name is consistently recognised at industry awards nights both locally and nationally, recognising their excellence in tourism and highlights as the best of the best. They boast a network of over 350,000 loyal members, a successful ecommerce business and strong customer engagement with the brand. With positive financial results and continued growth, year on year, this is an amazing time to join the business as their Head of Marketing.
A supportive, productive and proactive team, in an environment that promotes creativity and change.
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Head of Marketing will be a key member of the Leadership Team, contributing to the overall business strategy as well having direct responsibility for brand health and revenue generation through existing and new business development . The Head of Marketing will not only work at a strategic level but will also lead and manage a team to maximise all brand and commercial performance, managing the brand metrics through the funnel from large scale above the line campaigns to performance led conversion tactics.
This position will play a key role, by being a fierce advocate for the customer as well as "marketing the marketing" to our stakeholder network to showcase the strength and value of the brand.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the overall marketing and brand strategy in accordance with the strategic objectives of the business
- Leadership and development of the marketing team. Manage a team of 8 with 4 direct reports; analytics, marketing, digital, content & social
- Translate the brand strategy into a comprehensive and strategic marketing plan to fuel growth by driving awareness, brand preference and customer acquisition
- Deliver bold, disruptive industry-leading creative campaigns, partnerships and initiatives to strengthen their position in market
- Drive the Performance Marketing strategy through end-to-end management of performance channels; paid social, SEO, SEM, programmatic display with agency partner, and exploring new channels to scale
- Work collaboratively with the loyalty and retention team to achieve strategic goals through dedicated campaigns and initiatives
- Set, lead and drive the content marketing strategy, delivering relevant content to the right customer in the right channel throughout the marketing funnel
- Strong commercial and performance-led mindset showcased by measuring and reporting of marketing performance, and converting insights action to optimise results at pace
- Manage agency relationships including creative, media and PR
- Create positive relationships with our internal stakeholders throughout our park network through effective communication, "marketing the marketing" to drive buy-in and involvement in brand and campaign activity
Key attributes required:
- An experience leader who is passionate about leading and nurturing teams
- Strategically minded and capable of setting clear objectives and actionable plans
- Deep understanding of eCommerce marketing fundamentals to maximise presence through the funnel and grow website sales performance
- Experience in a franchise business, direct to consumer (e-commerce) business or travel / accommodation sector of value
- Experienced in leveraging market, customer and competitive insights to build a successful brand strategy and marketing plan
- A confident communicator who can easily articulate ideas and influence at a senior level through to key internal and external stakeholders
- Thrives on collaboration and working across multiple functions
- Experience owning a full marketing budget and agency relationships
- Highly resourceful, driving highly impactful campaigns on a capped budget
- Strong commercial mindset
- 10+ years industry experience, with 3+ years at a senior level
How to apply
Should this opportunity be of interest to you click on the APPLY button or contact Lucy Garrido on (03) 8613 3564 for a confidential discussion. Please note I'm returning to the office from 17th January and will respond to any enquiries from this date.