Harness Racing Victoria (HRV), a statutory body, is responsible for the control, development, and promotion of the Victorian harness racing industry. With strong links to rural and regional communities, we aim to be globally recognised as the home of harness racing in Australia, creating innovative racing and events that are underpinned by our commitment to the highest standard of welfare and integrity across the industry.
If you are after an exciting opportunity and are a driven, highly energetic, and innovative senior marketing professional then this may be the perfect fit.
About the role
The Head of Customer is responsible for the leadership and delivery of the brand and customer experience strategy to achieve the growth and promotion of the sport in Victoria in accordance with the strategic plan.
- Lead the collective development of brand strategy, planning and creative including the customer value proposition for Victoria
- Ensure consistency of brand and messaging across all media assets as well as earned and purchased multi-media through close collaboration across all functions, internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Cooperatively contribute to the commercialisation of properties to promote and grow the industry and achieve revenue targets
- Collaboratively develop and execute the customer experience strategy to leverage and drive the racing community, kindred bodies and broader community engagement to achieve the objectives of the strategic plan
- Drive and deliver collaborative planning and implementation of major campaign strategy (i.e. brand, race day events, awards, social responsibility programs)
- Lead the cooperative creation of a research and audience insights plan, share research findings and collaboratively develop and action outcomes to increase target audiences and revenue
- Foster and develop collaborative and trusted relationships across the organisation and with key stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes for the industry
- Lead, develop and build capability performance of the Customer team to deliver high quality, inclusive, responsive and innovative partnership service
Skills & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, evidence of management experience in a brand, customer experience, public relations or communications function and knowledge, understanding and experience of brand, media, community engagement and events
- A background of emotionally intelligent management experience motivating and developing adaptable, partnership and outcomes focused teams.
- Evidence of brand and customer experience analysis, strategy development and implementation that grows brand recognition and effectively engages and increases audiences, stakeholders and community participation
- Proven engagement and relationship building skills and the ability to represent the organisation.
- Evidence of sound consultation, communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with others, negotiate, advocate and exercise influence in various situations
- Proven ability to participate collaboratively and constructively in both management and participant roles within teams, as well as initiative and effective personal judgement when working alone
- Evidence of solutions focus and innovative thinking, ability to assess options and identify and implement creative solutions and provide informed advice
HRV is committed to providing a flexible and inclusive work culture that values and supports diversity and inclusion. Travel between HRV Head Office located in Flemington, Tabcorp Park Melton and country clubs and regional Victoria will be required.
Given the unique nature of this position and the operational requirements of the racing industry, weeknight, weekend and public holidays work will be required outside of usual working hours, particularly during major race meetings.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Lauren Madden at Six Degrees Executive on (03) 8613 3547 for a confidential discussion.
Six Degrees Executive are proudly the retained partner for this talent search assignment.