An exciting opportunity to lead the operations team onsite in Shepparton driving improvement activities and initiatives cross functionally onsite. Play a lead role in driving best practice from a CI and operations perspective onsite.
As the Head of Operations you have the ability to think strategically and make smart business decisions while also leading the day to day operations of the site. You are an enabler of growth and cost efficiency.
Strategy & Development
- Lead the creation and implementation of best practice operations vision, strategies, processes, policies & procedures to improve overall operations performance.
- Be the key driver for Continuous Improvement processes onsite; Lead and sponsor the culture of LEAN and continuous improvement across the site.
- Build a shared understanding and ownership of SPC's vision, values, strategies, plans and desired culture at a site level.
- Manage all areas of plant production to deliver products that meet the quality, cost, volume and service criteria.
- Increase production, assets capacity while minimising waste.
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity, metrics and performance targets ensuring effective return on assets and throughput.
- Develop and implement plans to ensure accurate level volume of production for each product produced.
- Oversee all maintenance and specific capital engineering activities onsite.
- Ensure the safety of all SPC employees onsite, committing to and setting standards on work safe procedures and lead work safe behaviours.
- Add capability to the senior management team influencing and providing direction across operations and manufacturing.
- Lead in a proactive way to achieve optimal results across the site with the ability to engage across all levels onsite.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other key senior stakeholders onsite and across the SPC business.
Financial & Budget Control:
- Plan and prepare all operations budget and forecasts. Responsible for achieving budget and forecast.
Who will you work for?
- An iconic Australian food brand who are market leaders in their space. SPC is a proud manufacturer of packaged fruit and vegetable products.
- A $300M + Australian owned business who distribute their products right across Australia. The Shepparton facility employees over 250 full time employees.
What will you need to be successful?
- Experience in similar leadership roles in Food manufacturing or related industries
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or related discipline
- Post Graduate qualification in Management or Business Administration
- Experience at the Operations or Site Management level.
- Proactive leader with the ability to achieve results quickly and influence the team.
- Ability to think strategically & innovatively across operations.
If you think this opportunity sounds right for you, click APPLY NOW to send your application or contact David Oliver for a confidential discussion on 0410 950 370 or