About the company
SPC is an Australian brand that has been producing high quality products for Australian families for 100 years. Proud of its rich Australian heritage and provenance, SPC provides naturally better and more convenient options for all Australians to eat well. SPC is committed to the important role it plays in the Australian economy and manufacturing industry and are proud that 90% of our ingredients are grown right here in Australia. With their main manufacturing located in Shepparton, they are looking for an experienced Quality leader to join the business as Head of Quality & Food Safety.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to ensure the efficient running of the Quality Assurances functions and lead the SPC Quality team (5 reports) to comply with relevant requirements and standards.
The role will manage the Quality team for SPC in Australia in order to facilitate continuous improvement and the implementation of a systematic approach to our Quality and Food Safety processes, inclusive of new business acquisitions.
Critical to the role will be the ability to align multiple stakeholders to execute integrated quality strategies, and act as a Quality coach to the business.
The role will ensure the team has the capability to execute against the plans through effective training, development, motivation and guidance, contributing to the organisation's quality culture & capability in line with SPC values and purpose to provide better food for the future.
Skills & Experiences
This is an exciting and integral role within the business for future growth and your experience and skill set will include the following:
- Develop, implement and maintain quality standards and associated documentation for, production, quality assurance and food safety activities.
- Ensure BRC, HACCP, WSE, CSFMR, SQF and ISO 9001 and other relevant compliance systems and standards are maintained.
- Help develop and implement initiatives to address specific Food Safety and Quality gaps while supporting the business KPI's.
- Develop initiatives to promote FS/Q improvement strategies across the customer group and improve FTQ scores.
- Incorporate quality in design phases for plant and equipment including budget management.
This is a great opportunity own the quality function and play an integral part in future strategy. The company recognises and rewards success with career progression.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Tim Barraclough on 0422076399 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number TB20064.