About the company
This is an exciting global organisation that has one of the world's most recognisable brand profiles. This is an innovative business with a genuine people-focused culture and a burning ambition for ongoing sustainable growth in Australia and New Zealand. Our client is at the cutting edge of quality lifestyle products and concepts. Launched over 10+ years ago they curate an eclectic and inspirational mix of products sourced from around the globe. Offering the discerning and loyal customer, a unique shopping experience that expresses a style that dares to be bold and creative, immersing yourself in a truly aspirational store aesthetic.
This is an innovative brand, where by you will be instrumental for the for the strategic and operational execution of the brand, building and motivating teams, driving sales and managing the fabulous array of products, by being an always present leader, in their stores and to their teams. With a passion for retail, operational efficiency and for best of breed customer experience and growing market share, you will lead the business in achieving its vision. This is a hands-on role that would suit an individual who has a desire to contribute to an agile business.
About the role
This is not your usual Head of Operations Role. Reporting to the General Manager of Oceania, this is a business-critical appointment that is all encompassing - accountable for managing, developing and operating Oceania's (Australia and New Zealand) retail organization, including Merchandising. The Head of Retail needs to ensure the achievement of sustainable sales, profitability, inventory-targets whilst ensuring a unique and brand relevant shopping experience across all owned & operated direct-to-consumer channels in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 10 years Operational experience with a minimum of 5 years across Merchandise Management
- Accountable for the overall P&L performance of all channels, be it Retail, Merchandise and Online.
- Create the strategy to develop the direct-to-consumer channels in a profitable way for Oceania
- Drive the retail expansion and refurbishment plans in line with country and regional strategy, adhere to global store standards and concepts
- Lead the annual budgeting and forecasting processes throughout the year
- Ensure high level of motivation and cohesion between high performing regional and country teams
- Execute development plans (new store openings and closures)
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage a Merchandise buying function in a multi-category and multi-lifecycle product experience
- A proven ability to drive cultural and structural change via collaboration and a clear value placed on high performance, quality and service
- Demonstrated understanding of retail fundamentals (marketing, supply chain, operations and merchandise)
- Conduct weekly Trade Meetings with local Retail Leadership Team and key stakeholders from other departments to ensure immediate actions on last week's results and underlying trends
- Fully accountable for the inventory buy for all O&O direct-to-consumer channels
- Fully accountable for initial allocation and replenishment of stores
- Conduct buy reviews with Global Retail Merchandising Team to ensure a cohesive retail offering
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualified in a business-related discipline.
- You will have a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a Retail and Merchandise function in a multi business unit environment.
- Strong Operational and Store Development expertise, ideally from Fashion/Lifestyle/Sport.
- You will have a proven ability to drive cultural and structural change via collaboration and a clear value placed on high performance, quality and service.
- Have delivered positive commercial outcomes within a large business environment or International brand and have high level financial management skills
- Results and Performance driven
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate high performance teams
- Expertise in budgeting, strategic planning, retail operations, merchandise management/trading, campaign management, space planning and sales management
This is an amazing time to join this business. Positive financial results in the region, a clear vision and significant investment in people, culture and make this a positive, engaged and dynamic place to work. The organisation has a highly inclusive workforce that embraces and rewards high performance.
- Contemporary work space and environment
- Highly attractive financial remuneration including significant short and long term incentives
- Significant investment in learning, development and opportunity for International travel and growth
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Carolyn Heyward on 8613 3505 start a confidential discussion. All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.