About the company
This global consumer good company is in high growth mode locally and is disrupting the market as a quality, high performance brand in a competitive product space. Supported by an established international business, focus is on driving brand awareness and distribution for their portfolio of products with a high level of technical capability and performance. Spearheaded by a global team thus far, focus is now on attracting local talent at executive level to drive the on-going channel plans and strategic agenda of the business. This is an extremely exciting time for the business as they expand across the retail and industrial customer channels and they are currently looking for a Head of Sales to lead them into the charge.
About the role
One of the pivotal leadership roles within this new structure is a General Manager of Sales to lead the national accounts and operations team in best in class customer planning and execution. This role is suited to a talented and progressive consumer goods professional with extensive retail management experience looking to drive team and customer performance through significant organisational transformation and customer development.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create and execute integrated channel and customer development plans through multi-layered stakeholder engagement and influence
- Drive the overall performance and achievement of net sales, volume and growth targets to ensure profitable business development and sustainability
- Lead front of market customer marketing and category management strategies that are most aligned to the retailer agenda for mutual sales and category growth
- Successfully manage all commercial agreements at a senior retail stakeholder level ensuring optimised brand growth and share of voice in channel
- Create a results driven environment promoting transparent and effective career planning for talent across a tiered national sales and field operations division
- Impact and support broader business strategic development and positive cross functional engagement - managing local and international stakeholders.
Skills and experience
- Functional leadership in a consumer business leading customer strategy and field operations
- Expert knowledge of retail operations with alternate channel or B2b exposure desired
- Demonstrated success in driving profitable growth in category and customer portfolios
- In depth understanding of field operations and best practice execution
- Ability to inspire results and development for team in a complex organisational structure
- Hands on, team focused approach
Culture and benefits
This appointment will see the successful candidate take a role in shaping a dynamic, collaborative and high performance culture rewarded through team and individual success. This business has an exciting outlook for 2018 and beyond, driving core category innovation and brand development in an ever-changing consumer business
How to apply
For a confidential career conversation, please contact Jennifer Kenworthy on 03 8613 3515 or apply following the links below.