About the company
Our client is a leading global supplier of precision engineered solutions to a range of industries including Aerospace, Defence, Rail, Automotive and Mining. With real capability and a highly skilled work force, they have been involved in some high-profile projects within the defence market with blue-chip organisations around the world.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, this newly created key leadership role will see the successful candidate setting and executing on the growth agenda for the defence market.
- Working closely with the GM, take the lead in setting and executing on the growth strategy for the existing client portfolio and new business bid process across the defence market.
- Build deep strategic relationships at multiple levels within the client portfolio
- Work internally with the heads of engineering, project management, supply chain and finance to provide a seamless customer experience
- Monitor Australian and International market trends, competitor activity and key manufacturing levers and drivers
- Recruit, coach, train and develop a new sales support account function
- Network across all levels up to C suite within the defence market
- Attend local and global events to build industry networks and company brand
Skills & Experience
- Track record of managing large complex customer relationships bids
- Experience of setting and executing winning sales strategies for growth
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed stretched sales budgets and targets
- Open to industry experience coming from industrial manufacturing, infrastructure and defence
- Degree qualified in commerce or business an advantage, as is engineering and/or military background
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to set winning business development plans and structures for growth
- Strong influencing and people leadership skills
- Experience advising at board level
- Exceptional business and commercial acumen business planning, pricing, margin analysis and contract development / execution / Bid development / project management
- Work with a highly engaged leadership team
- Work for a brand who has exceptional capability in the defence market and be involved in some high-profile global projects
- Executive level package on offer which will be tailored to attract the best candidate in the market
- This role forms part of the leadership team and will have a strategic input into the day to day running of the defence business
- Fresh, modern working environment
- Join this business at a time of strong financial performance and in growth mode
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Terence Craig on (03) 8613
3561 for a confidential career discussion quoting reference number TC19143.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.