About the company
A privately owned market leader in the consumer goods sector and based in the South Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. This company operates across multiple sites and has GMP/TGA accreditations. They take pride in their environmentally conscious products and are looking for a proven Health and Safety Advisor to take ownership of the safety space and deliver a change and improvement agenda as this commercially successful business continues to grow.
About the role
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will support and drive site teams and Management to improve their safety performance, as well as supporting and improving the site OHS and risk management system. Reporting into the HR Manager, you will work with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the foster and enhance the company's safety culture.
Skills & Experience
This role is critical in maintaining and improving safety standards throughout both sites and in order to be successful in the role you will possess the following attributes:
- Background in manufacturing Safety roles (any industry)
- Further Health and Safety qualifications would be well regarded (eg. Grad Dip)
- Strong understanding of manufacturing based risk profiles and mitigation practices
- Ability to bring together cross functional teams to achieve safety objectives
- Able to autonomously identify safety risks and deliver long term solutions, implement ongoing continuous improvement to safety systems
- Experience with internal auditing (Lead Auditor certification well regarded)
- Able to compromise to achieve fit for purpose, people focused outcomes
This role offers the opportunity to set the direction for safety across multuiple sites and to deliver against that strategy, a good mix between big picture outcomes and execution. You will be closely exposed to executive leadership as well as the broader business, and you will be joining a business that has doubled in revenue over the last three years creating continuing opportunity for development and growth.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan on 03 8613 3551 for a confidential discussion