Our client is a major player in the Energy Sector within Australia. They are going through a major period of growth and transformation, and as such they are seeking to recruit an experienced Proposals Manager.
Operating as the HV design manager you will be leading and managing the technical team to deliver designs & develop standards that are in accordance with the project objectives and all stakeholder needs / requirements. More specifically you will need to complete works that are associated with High Voltage (HV) primary systems including all substation related activities.
Some other responsibilities include;
- Monitor Power Generation project performance i.e. deliver on time, on budget and meet technical requirements
- Manage team workload (6 direct reports), set priorities, and resolve conflicting project/client requirements and deadlines
- Prepare resource plans based on forward pipeline and major proposals
- Contribute to proposal Yes/No decisions with primary focus on resource availability and suitability
- Monitor team performance against financial targets (e.g. GM/hr, billability) and report against budgets each month
- Assist in managing client relationships in partnership with Senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Assist in presentations to client regarding capability and experience
- Assist in preparation of work proposals including preparation of deliverables lists, proposed schedule and hours estimates
- Support and develop client relationship skills within the team
- Monitoring and reporting of project progress, risks and issues
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in EHV & HV transmission projects, distribution and/or heavy industrial electrical engineering
- At least relevant 5 years' experience in leading designs and broad experience in related projects
- Team player with good inter-personal & communication skills and experience in developing and mentoring other staff
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, responsive attitude, professional and the ability to adhere to budget and program
- Able to directly liaise with clients in a confident manner and lead meetings with clients, build relationships with client in a consultancy business, develop business and secure new opportunities with existing and new clients
- Good team player
- Builds relationships with staff, internal leaders, and existing and potential client organizations
How to Apply
- Click on the APPLY button or contact Steven McIntyre on (02) 8024 7148 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number SMc 16261