Our client is an industrial services business with a national footprint and head office in Melbourne. Currently on a journey of organisational transformation they are looking to add an Indirects Procurement Manager to lead a small team on a fixed term contract.
The Role :
Reporting to Head of Procurement your team will be tasked with analysing the indirect procurement spend across the group, transitioning key suppliers to contract and delivering the cost savings target as agreed by senior management. Key categories of focus will include IT, labour, professional services, recruitment, legal, HR travel and facilities. You will also be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and guidance to a small team of category managers
- Ensuring the appropriate levels of procurement process and governance is across the procurement team
- The development of systems and processes to ensure best practice procurement is always being maintained
- Raising the profile of the procurement function to improve the service offering to the business and delivering business objectives around cost reduction and supplier management
- Setting strategic category management plans to give structure and focus around deliverables within the team
About you :
You will be a senior procurement professional (in-directs focus) with a proven track record across strategic sourcing, implementing procurement best practice and managing/influencing senior stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a recent track record in IT procurement:
- The ability to the ground running in a contract role, and play a hands-on role to deliver significant cost savings as outlined by senior management
- Commercially astute with experience managing a large spend across a complex business and supplier base
- Strong procurement project management background around systems, structure and supplier rationalisation
- Results orientated approach to improving business performance and working collaboratively with suppliers
Please apply on the link below or call Carl Stephen on (03) 8613 3519 to discuss the role in more detail.