About the Company
Leading global manufacturer of mechanical, electronic and pneumatic components. The primary customer base is the rail and mining industries. Based in Western Sydney, the site is a manufacturing and service operation with 180 employees onsite. This is an assembly, workshop, industrial manufacturing type of environment. The volumes are very much project based. There is also a large service component where customers will send back components for repair, service and overhaul.
About the Role
As an Industrial Engineer you will be based in Granville, NSW however will be supporting various plants across Australia. This team of 8 covers a very broad scope, from establishing new plants, designing the layouts, prescribing the equipment, work instructions, introducing new technologies in both the warehouse and production floor etc. There is a big emphasis on applying lean / continuous improvement methodologies and driving change with the factory staff on the floor. Having a process improvement mindset is critical for success in this role.
- Analyse current production processes and optimise accordingly.
- Create standard operating procedures.
- Manage master data in SAP.
- Support the engineering team in designing assembly processes.
- Introduce new processes to the staff on the factory floor.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a Process Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer or similar role.
- Tertiary degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts to other teams within the organisation will be necessary for success
- Any experience with an ERP system such as SAP will be highly regarded.
- Very accessible location - 5 minutes walk from the closest train station.
- Free undercover staff parking.
- Resume Submission - only successful candidates will receive a call
- Phone Call w Recruiter
- Video Interview w Recruiter
- 1st Round Interview w Industrial Engineering Manager
- 2nd Round Interview + Site Tour w Industrial Engineering Manager
- Offer to start
Click on the APPLY button if you are interested.