The University of Queensland (UQ) is shaping the future. The focus is to develop leaders to inspire the next generation through advanced ideas that benefit the world. Currently UQ have an exciting opportunity for an Information Architect Specialist
About the project
UQ is undergoing a digital Customer Experience transformation program where the aim is to enhance the Universities reputation and market position engaging in high quality marketing and communications strategies. Partnering with Information Technology Services and Office of Marketing and Communication the CX is tasked to deliver a host of benefits to UQ through the provision of strategy, performance measures, technology platforms, policies and processes to enable an enterprise wide, coordinated personalised engagement experience for all UQ's key stakeholder groups.
The focus of the programme is to, uplift stakeholder experience, increase effectiveness of marketing and communications and to streamline operations Information for Prospective Staff Information about life at UQ.
The Customer Experience and Digital Team is responsible for developing, testing, and implementing a strategy to reach and engage target audiences (stakeholder groups) through multiple digital channels like eDM, web, mobile, VR, multimedia, CRM and social. The position, Information Architect Specialist is responsible for supporting this team, in particular the development of IA strategy, and managing the implementation of whole of enterprise IA across all stakeholder groups, working collaboratively across the whole of UQ. The Information Architect Specialist is responsible, for Plan, design and the implementation of the overarching information architecture and wireframes for UQ website. Review, analyse and evaluate the existing information architecture of digital assets and make recommendations for improvements to structure, design and navigation. Research and analyse user requirements and behaviours through focus groups and website usage data to determine a user-focused design for clear and simple navigation. Draft site prototypes and mock-ups including page layout and navigational elements to ensure optimal integration of design, structure and processes. Contribute to the development and implementation of web and content governance structures, processes, policies and documentation to maintain quality control over digital assets. Collaborate with the UX/UI designers to improve the usability and functionality of websites. Build and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Ensure compliance with the governance of the UQ Information Architecture for Digital Assets.
- Ability to demonstrate successful leadership and managerial experience in a senior CX and digital role designing and implementing strategic CX and digital plans to support business goals
- Knowledge and understanding of the tertiary education sector, or transferable skills from another sector.
- Extensive experience in formulating and managing budgets, allocating resources and managing key external relationships to deliver effectiveness and efficiency savings.
- Outstanding leadership, communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills including political acumen and a strong ability to work effectively across formal structural boundaries.
- High level analytical and conceptual skills to deliver solutions to complex strategic and business issues.
- Demonstrate ability to develop innovative, creative programs and solutions using multiple forms of communications to achieve strategic objectives.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and manage large teams of professional staff to meet key performance indicators in a complex organisation.
This is a full-time, continuing appointment at HEW Level 7. The total remuneration package, including employer superannuation contributions of up to 17%, will be in the range $97,851 - $106,879 p.a. The University of Queensland offers competitive options including salary sacrificing, on campus childcare, leave packaging and discounted private health insurance, as well as many other benefits. This position is based in Toowong, close to excellent public transport connections. You would be expected to attend the St Lucia campus for meetings as required, taking advantage of UQ's free frequent shuttle bus.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Narrell Werner on 07 3153 9905
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.
Six Degrees Executive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all applicants