Six Degrees Executive are excited to be working exclusively with the University of Queensland (UQ) as they embark on an exciting journey to revolutionise their student journey. Founded in 1909, UQ has carved out and established an enviable reputation as one of Australia's leading institutions; globally ranked in the top 50, UQ continuously strives for excellence with their overarching vision to inspire knowledge leadership for a better world.
About the project
The main aim of the CX transformation program is to develop and deliver a world-class Customer Experience for all of the University's key stakeholder groups. Historically, management of digital assets for the university has been organic. This new way of working will ensure engagement at each touch point, optimising and capitalising on every opportunity for growth.
Being an enterprise wide digital Customer Experience transformation program, proven experience within "greenfield" projects, or significant integration programs would be expected. A great understanding of mar-tech and end to end lead nurturing will be very relevant for the role. There is significant investment in this CX set up; with that comes the expectation that applicants would be technically very savvy, across multiple stacks and tools, and skilled in human centred design.
As part of this transformation an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Integration Specialist, Data Services reporting directly to the Program Manager.
- Solution architecture, analysis, design, implementation, installation, testing and maintenance of systems, tools, services, middleware and infrastructure to deliver and support data and application integration platforms and processes. This will generally involve ongoing operational support tasks for established technologies and processes.
- Leading and performing analysis, design, development, testing and operations of the systems-to-system interfaces, data flows, API implementations.
- Collaborating with internal and external support-teams on incidents involving integration to ensure timely resolution and recovery, and ensuring that preventative measures are taken to avoid recurrence.
- Managing team members to meet day-to-day operational and project management objectives.
- Consulting and advising on technical and governance aspects of integration patterns, technologies, platforms and services to a range of stakeholders.
- Assisting the unit manager in matters of budget preparation, development and improvement of team practices and processes, preparation of service level agreements and coordinating SLA activities, management of the unit, and strategic and long term planning
- Consulting with clients and representing Information Technology Services on matters not directly related to technical issues, such as, staff selection and other University committees
- Investigating, evaluating and reporting on new equipment, systems, processes, patterns and standards
- Contributing to the establishment of governance frameworks, re-usable patterns and best practices for development and operational activities for integration platforms and integration implementations.
- The position may be required to manage or participate in multiple concurrent projects or ongoing operational activities. Project teams will vary in size and team members may work concurrently on more than one project
Skills & Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in information technology and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, project teams and budgets effectively in the delivery of quality IT services to meet diverse and complex client requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner, including experience in providing estimates to clients and technical leadership and mentoring to developers, systems analysts or technical engineers.
- Strong ability to architect, analyse, design, implement, test and operate effective integration solutions based on modern cloud based services.
- Experience with database development including relational database design and advanced query writing capabilities.
- Sound knowledge with agile project management methodologies, including SCRUM.
- Proven success in establishing collaborative relationships within and across teams to deliver effective reusable integration artefacts, such as APIs.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills (including written and verbal communication) and the ability to liaise and collaborate with colleagues, clients and external agencies at all levels to achieve quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a current working knowledge of relevant emerging technologies, methodologies, patterns and best practices, and ability to utilise that knowledge in implementing best practice solutions.
- Robust analytical skills to assess problems and propose appropriate solutions, including those that integrate a range of appropriate processes, systems, data and technologies.
- Ability to work constructively, and in an organised and methodical way, to deliver outcomes that meet organisational objectives with limited guidance in a team environment.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Jonathan Hall on 07 3153 9903
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.
Six Degrees Executive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all applicants