headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples' wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. headspace has 110 centres nationally and has to date, provided over 2 million services to Australia's youth. To ensure the ongoing effectiveness of their Marketing and Communications team, there is now an opportunity to join headspace as Internal Communications Specialist to drive impact.
The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for developing a wide variety of content to drive the engagement of all stakeholder groups from head office staff through to government officials. Identifying and delivering on-brand communications using clear tone to a wide audience will be the key to success.
In addition, the role requires a talented and creative communications professional who can engage with their audiences to discover the key conversation points. We are looking for someone who can create an army of internal advocates and harness their power.
The role will take ownership of the current intranet including the roadmap for innovation of content and structure. This presents a fantastic opportunity to redevelop channel communications and user experience to further improve internal engagement.
It will also develop and deliver several regular newsletters with a large national circulation amongst stakeholders, with a view to improving OR and CTR.
The role will work nationally across head office and all headspace centres to improve engagement channels and is critical in the change management process as headspace continues to expand.
This role will suit a commercially focused communications specialist with a passion for healthcare or mental health delivery on a national scale.
This role is an initial 12 month contract.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, the Internal Communications Specialist will have:
- tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism or similar industry experience
- demonstrated examples of developing engaging content for a wide variety of audiences via multiple channels
- an analytical nature, with the ability to set up dashboard reporting, monitoring click-through and open rates and working to raise the bar
- An understanding of the intricacies of government relations, advocacy and stakeholder management
- The ability to disseminate information for the wider internal and external audiences
- an innovative and fresh approach to creating improved methods of communications delivery
- a high level of commercial acumen and attention to detail, with exemplary written and verbal communications skills
- excellent relationship management skills across complex senior stakeholder groups
- a collaborative working style, with exceptional interpersonal skills
- exceptional project management skills
- a broad understanding of the Australian mental health services system would be advantageous
- experience using Sharepoint advatageous
To apply for this role click the Apply Now button or for a confidential discussion please call Danielle Bennetto on (03) 8613 3598.
All direct applications or resumes received by our client from external parties will be referred to Six Degrees Executive as the retained recruitment partner on this assignment.