About the company
As Australia's largest independent professional speciality retailer, you can be confident in receiving the best deals, the best prices and latest and greatest product innovations the market has to offer. This leading retailer has been passionately servicing Australia for more than 20+ years, with a major national footprint. With offerings across the online and retail channel, they are committed to delivering superior customer service in order to drive retention, with the widest range of the world's biggest professional brands.
About the role
Reporting to the Category Manager, you will assist with the planning and execution of strategic business plans and sales strategies to drive growth and ensure annual sales targets are met. You will work closely with a number of key internal stakeholders to provide them with information in regard to categories and respond to internal stakeholder queries as well as a key point of contact and support for external suppliers
- Assist with development of categories in conjunction with the National category Managers.
- Contribute to effective supplier relations to achieve best possible supplier terms for the business.
- Coordinate merchandise activities for all sales and promotional campaigns.
- Assist stores to improve their business performance through appropriate communication and support including development of category plans.
- Coordinate the product and pricing maintenance for all sales and promotional campaigns.
- Coordinate all proposals for new product submissions on to the central product file.
- Coordinate and update supplier terms on a regular basis.
- Work with the National Category Managers in regular category reviews to identify new product opportunities, for both local suppliers and private brands to maximise the store gross profit margin.
- Regularly review competitor trends, activity and pricing.
- Ensure all products sourced adhere to all necessary Australian standards and compliance and registrations.
- Additional duties as may be directed from time to time by the GM of merchandise
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in retail category management/buying team
- High attention to detail and innovative mindset
- Experience with managing supplier relationships and product development
- Exposure to costings, shipping and purchase order process
- Sales and Marketing experience
The business is at the forefront of innovation and positioned for significant growth. They have a highly engaged and dynamic team and offer ongoing training and development and career succession opportunities.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.