About the company.
Our client is one of Australia's most successful and well recognised retail organisations, with a number of reputable brands. With offerings across the online channel as well as consumer products, they are committed to delivering superior products and service across multiple channels to their customers.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Buyer, the key focus in this role is to work collaboratively with your team and stakeholders to build assortment plans to drive sales and profitability. With a passion for innovation and identifying future market trends you will strive to secure new opportunities to drive incremental sales and expand the portfolio.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Actively contribute to the development of a seasonal range plan that will deliver target GM$ performance and GM%
- Support in identifying new products of commercial merit for inclusion in the range.
- Cost price negotiation to achieve and exceed the target margin
- Awareness of the market, competitors, current & emerging trends
- Working with the senior buyer and merchandise planner to select and purchase the range, mix and quantity of merchandise according to OTB
- Option Plan, Styling Brief, trends and customer demands
- Analysis of Best & Worst Sellers to aid decision making
- 3+ years' experience in a buying assistnat role
- Experience in sourcing product from overseas suppliers preferable
- An excellent knowledge of current market trends and a passion for sourcing commercially viable product.
- Strong negotiation & influencing skills
- Strong commercial and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel & Outlook
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and accurately whilst meeting deadlines
This is an amazing time to join this business. Positive financial results, a clear vision and significant investment in people and culture make this a positive, engaged and dynamic place to work. The business has a unified vision to be the dominant retailer in their space with a highly inclusive workforce that embraces and recognises hard work and dedication.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall on (03) 8613 3527 for a confidential discussion.