About the company
Our client is a leading Australian retailer with a sophisticated product range across apparel, homewares, accessories and more. Having experienced strong and continued growth through the past six months, they are looking to expand their planning team. The head office is based in a central Melbourne location, but this role offers great working from home flexibility.
Reporting into the Planning Manager, the Merchandise Planner will help drive the merchandise strategy in collaboration with the buying teams. You will be responsible for analysing trends and performance in order to optimise profit outcomes and ultimately be accountable for end-to-end management of a particular category.
- Planning and analysis, including supplier delivery performance, stock health
- Accurate forecasting on key financial metrics and risk identification based on sales trends, marketing and product performance
- Pre and post season analysis to highlight and make recommendations around potential new areas of opportunity
- Oversee Allocation Analysts and take accountability for the allocation and ordering process, inventory levels and stock turn, supplier delivery performance
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 18 months' experience in a similar planning role or a senior allocations role
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel and merchandise planning systems
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Bachelor degree/diploma in Marketing, Business, Commerce, Fashion or a related field is advantageous
Join a well-established and reputable retailer who values collaboration, innovation and passion and will provide great opportunities to progress your career.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Overall (03 8613 3527) or Nidhi Nanda (03 8613 3528) for a confidential discussion quoting reference number.