About the Company
This is a large ASX listed company which has manufacturing and R&D hubs across three continents and has been in business for over 100 years. They have invested heavily in their local operations and have seen strong return on this investment. Unlike many Aussie manufacturers, they are well positioned for growth and have ambitious expansion plans in the near term.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a junior Project Engineer to join a global business. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will deliver capital projects from end to end. Specifically, you will support scoping activities, work closely with consultants and suppliers to develop designs, support equipment procurement, oversee installation including supervising trades and contractors, and conduct hands on commissioning of new assets. Critically, you will ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
We're looking for the following:
- Degree in a relevant Engineering field (chemical or mechanical)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing or process industry (ideally food, beverage, dairy, chemical, packaging, pharmaceutical)
- Experience with capital projects (installation and commissioning)
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, process oriented
This is a great opportunity to get involved with a growing manufacturer working on a variety of small to medium sized projects. Offering a positive workplace culture, centralised location on an initial 12-month contract which we expect to likely be extended or go permanent. If you're a junior engineer looking to take the next step in your career, this is a great place to find it.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Joel Holmes on 03 8613 3548 for a confidential discussion