About the Company
Our client is a highly successful food and beverage manufacturing business with a reputation for quality within their range of trusted brands and a vision to be market leaders in the product segments and markets that they play in.
About the role
Reporting to the procurement manager, the warehouse and logistics supervisor is responsible for overseeing all inbound, storage and dispatch functions for a small-medium distribution facility. In this highly autonomous role, your key accountability will include:
- Managing the receipt, storage and timely dispatch of a medium SKU count product range to maximise fill rates and customer service levels.
- Liaise with 3PL clients on a regular basis
- Initial and ongoing training and development of casual staff, including site occupational health & safety.
- Leading cost reduction initiatives, including the management of slow moving and obsolete products.
- Reporting back to the broader business on inventory holding, KPI's such as pick rates and DIFOT levels. Perform weekly cycle counts and conduct EOM Stock take
- Purchasing/ Procurement/Supply Chain administration exposure within a manufacturing environment is an advantage.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be an experienced warehousing or distribution professional ideally from the food/beverage manufacturing space. You will have a demonstrated track record of success in a highly autonomous role, and the ability to form strong working relationships with small teams on site. SAP WMS experience is a necessary requirement to undertake this position.