About the company
Our client is a leading privately owned third party logistics provider with a blue chip client base here in Australia. Due to continued growth in a number of key contracts they require an experienced logistics professional to lead local operations.
About the role
The logistics branch manager is a key position responsible for driving day to day operational efficiencies and customer service levels through the leadership of inbound transport and on site warehousing functions, in addition to the coordination of sea freight. Reporting to the General Manager and leading a large team, your key accountability includes:
- Leadership of a broad range of branch functions including administration, fleet control, safety and compliance and warehousing operations management.
- Resource planning (personnel and equipment) to ensure that all operational demands are met on site.
- Developing and improving customer relationships through the review and analysis of service delivery, productivity and better planning.
- To provide an effective line of communication between logistics and shipping functions.
- The preparation of budgets and weekly and monthly financial and operational reports.
- Identifying and managing risk in your area in addition to driving a culture of workplace safety.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be an experienced logistics professional with a demonstrated track record of success in transport and warehousing management, ideally in the 3PL or FMCG industries. Ideally tertiary qualified in a relevant field, you will present with a commercial mindset and the willingness to engage key customers to get the best out of the relationship. Your first class communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills will be key to your success in this role.
- Key leadership position with fantastic growth and career development opportunity over the next 2-3 years.
- Well regarded Australian owned logistics provider with a strong track record of customer service.
- Attractive salary package and benefits.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Luke Gunn on (03) 8613 3556 for a confidential discussion.