About the Company
A leading retailer is looking for their next stand out employee to take on the role of Logistics Manager.
About the Role
- Establish and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to staff in his/her area of responsibility to assure desired results.
- Work with Logistics Managers, Senior Logistics Managers and Logistics Directors to communicate and implement opportunities to lower cost to serve.
- Liaise with pallet pooling suppliers to coordinate and monitor national requirements
- Liaise with the regions to ensure timely and efficient information flow where appropriate
- Identify supply chain cost saving opportunities and coordinate operational plans for implementation
- Tender, negotiate and optimise all contracts or terms and conditions with external parties.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators to ensure logistics service providers provide a high level of service
- Verify logistics service provider audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery window adherence
- Monitor logistics costs and industry trends, including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates
- You will be an experienced Warehouse or Logistics Manager with an ability to develop best practice processes and systems.
- You must have experience in running a warehouse or logistics operation with fast moving food or pharmaceutical products in Australia.
- Experience leading teams and building the capability of individuals in an environment where safety is paramount
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. You will build strong relationships at all levels.
- Strong analysis skills coupled with an ability to influence outcomes will also be essential
How to Apply
To apply online click 'Apply' or if you would like a confidential discussion about this role please contact Catherine Laws at / 02 8024 7155.