About the company
Our client is a well known FMCG business, with a national manufacturing footprint and category leading brands across multiple categories. Headquartered in Melbourne, they are looking to add a senior logistics professional to drive the business' warehouse and distribution strategy.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for all transport, warehousing, inventory and contractual activities across the AUS/NZ region. Leading a talented team, you will being responsible for establishing and executing the logistics strategy, and play an active role in S&OP development.
You will also be responsible for:
* The optimisation of the supply chain from manufacturing, through the distribution network and delivery through to customer
* The analysis of the current 3PL/4PL arrangements and putting forward recommendations to improve customer service, consolidate the national distribution footprint and reduce costs
* Working with the commercial and manufacturing teams to improve collaboration and reduce inventory holdings
* The analysis and implementation of key KPI's across your teams to deliver on the logistics budget
Skills & Experience
A proven leader across the FMCG and 3PL industries you will have had accountability for a national supply chain/logistics network in a fast paced/complicated environment. Ideally with international logistics experience and exposure to short-shelf life products you will also possess:
* Project management background, with expertise within S&OP, inventory optimisation and improving the relationship with key retail customers
* The ability to implement strategy and continuous improvement projects whilst maintaining the effective management of the existing operation
* Experience managing a logistics budget and delivering the cost savings targets as directed by the business
* Strong negotiation skills, having managed 3PL tender process and completed a domestic /international freight review
This is a unique and challenging senior level logistics position that also provides a pathway to further growth. To apply, please apply on the link listed, and for any further queries, please contact David Goodrem on (03) 8613 3507.