About the company
Our client is a global, publicly listed organisation widely recognised as a leader in technology and innovation in their chosen product range. Their regional headquarters is located in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
About the role
Reporting to the head of supply chain in a newly created position, the logistics operations manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the performance of a number of distribution facilities nationally, alongside customer service and inventory management functions. In this high-profile leadership role, your key accountability will also include:
- Leading a large team of direct and indirect reports across multi-site warehousing operations, sales order processsing and spare parts inventory.
- Working collaboratively with 3PL partners to ensure that service levels and cost reductions are optimised.
- Ensuring that warehouse operations network is aligned to broader business strategies around safety, service and cost reduction.
- Driving new supply chain process improvement initiatives, and systems (SAP) opportunities.
- Ensuring that the broader S&OP process is supported by a sound logistics function.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be a logistics professional with a demonstrated track record of success in the consumer goods or manufacturing industries. You will have had experience overseeing a multi-site distribution network and customer service function, driving cost reductions and improving customer service levels. Ideally tertiary qualified in a relevant field, you will also possess first class interpersonal and demonstrated influencing abilities.
- High profile leadership role & fantastic career growth opportunity
- South eastern suburbs location
- Attractive six figure salary package
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Luke Gunn on (03) 8613 3556 for a confidential discussion.