About the company
Our client is one of the largest manufacturing businesses in Australia with capabilities in all states as well as New Zealand. Due to a recent secondment, an opportunity has arisen for a high calibre and self-motivated Logistics Supervisor to join their busy logistics team on a contract basis.
About the role
The Logistics Supervisor will be responsible for managing distribution for their manufacturing site in compliance with customer service levels. Reporting into the National Logistics and Warehouse Manager, your key accountability includes;
* To co-ordinate the distribution and inwards goods operations of the business to meet customer delivery requirements, manage stocks of raw and finished goods within the business, ensuring stock accuracies and delivery performance to support business objectives.
* Lead the distribution and inwards goods teams to achieve the most effective outcome in support of business objectives relating to the efficient operation of both processes.
* Ensure a healthy, safe and environmentally compliant workplace by adherence to all legal, statutory and OHS&E policies, systems and practices, and by directing corrective action as required
* Managing service performance (DIFOT) and overseeing arrival of shipments
* Maintain inventory levels
* Working closely with 3PL warehouses to ensure efficient stock holding
* Work with Transport team to support them with planning of drivers and freight
Skills & Experience
* Understanding of end to end supply chain and logistics operations
* High level of problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Team player, willing to roll up your sleeves and be part of the team
How to Apply
Please apply on the link below, or call Neeta Dhahan on (02) 8024 7151 to discuss the role in more detail.