About the company
An exciting opportunity to join a successful multi-generational Australian FMCG based in the inner Western suburbs of Melbourne. After obtaining global backing this much loved food company have undertaken and achieved promising growth and are seeking to further improve their business seeking out their leaders of tomorrow. They are now hiring a Maintenance & Reliability Manager which is an ongoing permanent search, however in the meantime they require someone to fill this role on a contract basis for 3-6 months.
About the role
As the interim Maintenance & Reliability Manager we are looking for someone who can hold down the day to day maintenance workflow and manage the traffic by prioritising on behalf of the team and keeping them focused on the fight objectives. The opportunity also exists to contribute where possible to the ongoing reliability improvement program, this program links more broadly to their recent decision to undertake a continuous improvement agenda.
We're reasonably flexible on the background and experience level of this role given that it is a interim opportunity
- Relevant engineering degree or trades background - likely mechanical or electrical
- Experience leading a maintenance team, whether directly or indirectly (you may be a Production Manager who has been accountable for maintenance for example)
- Experience within a continuous improvement environment would be advantageous, particularly additional experience with Lean or other CI tools and methodologies
- Ability to develop budgets and manage costs.
- Change management experience.
- Strong people-oriented leader with the ability to build engagement.
The maintenance team is a good group of experienced people who are invested in the improvement of the business and are eager to deliver. The role is a contract, however if the interim were to perform well we would consider with interest the possibility of making this role permanent (there is a permanent search underway concurrently). We are willing to consider people who are more or less experienced than the brief for this role in order to get an interim solution in place.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Scott Logan on 03 8613 3551 for a confidential discussion.