About the company
Our client is seeking high calibre Maintenance Engineer to join the team at this fully automated manufacturing facility based in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. The business is a global diversified packaging manufacturer with a large local Australian presence in multiple packaging categories. They offer an excellent career growth journey, and this role is a great entry point.
About the role
This opportunity exists for a degree qualified Maintenance Engineer. The role is responsible for a leading a great team and a wide range of engineering and maintenance activities in a fast paced environment. The role will report to the Engineering Manager and will assume responsibilities for that role as required. The main remit for this role includes:
- Coordination of a highly skilled trades team to deliver preventative and breakdown maintenance works for plant equipment;
- Problem solving and troubleshooting leadership, working with the trades team;
- Maximising utilisation of the maintenance labour budget;
- Overseeing safety, production, cost management, compliance, plant performance outcomes;
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities in process, systems and equipment;
- Manage nominated capital projects;
- Maintain best practice reliability mindset across the facility.
Skills & Experience
Applicants for this role will be able to demonstrate they possess experience in Maintenance Engineering roles within a high speed manufacturing facility. You will possess the ability to lead and direct trades groups through maintenance activities and the capability to utilise the site CMMS. Further to this, you will have a track record of problem solving and troubleshooting plant issues, developing capital projects or process improvement opportunities to resolve with the aim of improving overall plant performance and output. You background will likely include either FMCG or high speed manufacturing and you will possess a degree in Engineering.
The role is a great entry point to a global manufacturing business that continues to grow. They offer a strong career path to Engineering Management and will suit a qualified engineer looking to demonstrate well developed skills in leadership with a view of taking on more responsibility.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button or contact Dale Young on 03 8613 3503 for a confidential discussion quoting reference number DY15614.